Monday 1 February 2010

McGwire wants people to move ahead of baseball steroid tales

Mark McGwire, the recently appointed hitting coach of the Cardinals, wants every one to move ahead of baseball steroid tales.
During his first public appearance since coming clean, McGwire evaded all questions related to steroid use thrown at him and defended his decision to came clean and spoke honestly on Monday night on TV with Bob Costas.
"I was being as honest as I (could), from the heart. I got it off my chest and it's something we can all move on from."
Asked several times about allegations from former Oakland teammate Jose Canseco that he wasn't telling the truth and whether he was familiar with specific names of steroids, this was his answer:
"Those names, yeah, I'm familiar with them but, like I said, I'm not going to go down that road with Jose," he said. "I'll take the high road with Jose."
He was also asked if he really had never told Tony La Russa of his steroid use. La Russa, his manager in Oakland and St. Louis, had said he believed McGwire was clean.
"Absolutely. Tony La Russa, I kept this to myself," he said.
Whatever may be the talks in the baseball world, one thing that can easily be said is that McGwire has relieved himself by confessing to using steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment