Wednesday 15 December 2010

Troy Glaus says no to future use of steroids

Troy Glaus of the Cardinals has vowed not to make use of anabolic steroids again. This was after Glaus met Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak to have a word on a newspaper report suggesting the third baseman made use of steroids in 2003 and 2004 for recovering from shoulder injuries.
Mozeliak said Glaus is expected to stay away from steroids from now on and he expects the player to get back to St. Louis as quickly as possible.
Glaus, who hit 27 homers and had 99 RBIs last season, his first with the Cardinals, injured the shoulder again and underwent arthroscopic debridement in January. He is rehabbing with a private trainer in Phoenix, where the Cardinals opened a three-game series against the Diamondbacks on Monday.
Glaus declined to comment on specifics of the Times' report, according to the Post-Dispatch.
"At this point, there is no reason [to go over the past]. I'm not going to comment," Glaus said. "I'm in there [the gym]. I'm doing my exercises, and I'm going to do everything I can to get back as soon as I possibly can. From the exercises I'm doing now or working out -- whatever it is I have to do so that when I come back, I'm ready to play."
Mozeliak said he was satisfied that there would be no parallels between Glaus' 2003 rehab and his current one.
Mozeliak said after meeting in Phoenix that Glaus will not be duplicating the mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment