Thursday 31 May 2012

Andre Berto fails drugs test

Andre Berto, who is set to meet Victor Ortiz in a rerun of their epic 2011 Fight of the Year on June 23, has failed a drugs test.

Berto ironically had accused Ortiz of having used performance enhancing drugs.

‘I had absolutely nothing to do Andre Berto's positive drug test for nandrolone. Andre enrolled in the VADA drug testing program in early 2012. While using my nutritional products and protocols Andre's blood and urine were randomly tested twice before his recent bicep injury and all tests were negative,’ said Conte.
 After his positive test was revealed, Andre admitted that he recently took some supplements that were not provided by me and did so without my knowledge. It is possible that one these supplements was contaminated with trace amounts of nandrolone and caused his positive test result.
My understanding is that an investigation is being conducted in an attempt to determine the culprit. I was the person who encouraged Andre to enroll in the VADA program and I will continue to encourage athletes to do so. There have been hundreds of nandrolone positive drug tests in the past that I believe were a result of contaminated supplements.
Berto tested positive for nandrolone, an anabolic steroid, and has been working with infamous doping expert Victor Conte.

No comments:

Post a Comment