Tuesday 5 June 2012

Braun vehemently denies steroid allegations

Milwaukee leftfielder Ryan Braun has disputed allegations that he took performance-enhancing substances to maintain his innocence, while accepting his National League MVP.

"I always believed that a person's character is revealed in those moments of adversity," he said. "I have so much respect for the game of baseball. Everything I've done in my career has been done with that appreciation in mind."

Braun, who won the honours after hitting .332 with 33 home runs and 111 RBI in the regular season, also thanked the Players Association for "supporting me, especially after everything I've been through the last couple of months."
Braun tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in December. He's appealing the results this month but if Major League Baseball deems that he was on steroids, he could face a 50-game suspension. It was the 89th annual awards dinner, meant to honour the biggest names in baseball.
"Sometimes in life, we all deal with challenges we never expected," he said. "We have an opportunity to look at those challenges as obstacles or opportunities and I've chosen to see every challenge as an opportunity. This will be no different."

No comments:

Post a Comment